count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Friday, November 4, 2011

Garbage Men

This is a strange one, I know. Especially only 4 days in. And before REALLY important things. But today was garbage day, and I realized that our garbage man is really nice to my kids. He waves to them EVERY garbage day, even crunches up the garbage before driving away so that JT can stand there, wide mouthed, absolutely amazed by the awesomeness of the garbage truck. When I have spoken to him, he is respectful, doesn't dress like a giant slob (which you kind of expect, you know?) and is HAPPY. Like he is grateful to have a job, and is proud to be providing for his family. And he takes my trash away.

1 comment:

Tyson and Angela said...

Nice! Never thought of being grateful for my garbage men until now. Unfortunately, they aren't as friendly as your man, but they take my garbage away so I don't have to live in it!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip