count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bing Crosby....well, Music, really

We pulled out the big guns this morning. Bing Crosby is our Christmas big gun. There is nothing that gets you in the Christmas spirit faster than Bing Crosby's White Christmas. I wait all year long until Thanksgiving so that we can start listening to the Christmas music. I am so grateful for talented people that share their gift of music. It can be hard for me to feel the Spirit much in Church sometimes, surrounded by my munchkins, but whenever there is a musical performance, I ALWAYS can feel it. I am grateful that people are blessed with the gift of music. I wish I had that gift. Put me next to a good singer in the choir and I am good to go, but let's just say I have never been invited to give a solo performance. (or even duet/quartet for that matter!) I am grateful that my kids love to sing, and that they all still learn better when there is a song involved. DB is learning his Articles of Faith and is depending on the songs to help with the harder ones. Kids learn their ABC's first through a song. I am grateful for music.

No comments:

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip