count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi

There are two new little parents in our front yard, and with all due respect, their babies some of the ugliest I have ever seen. I actually gasped when I looked out the window! At first I didn't know what happened to the eggs, like did someone order an omelet? They are made up of pinkish skin and patches of fur, and look VERY undercooked. I am sad that I didn't get to see them actually hatch, it happened while JT and I were at the allergist this morning. Anyway, the parents definitely don't know how awful their babies look, they are both around keeping a close eye on their new little hatchlings, and are acting VERY protective. It has been cool to see them together, I have never seen them both at the same time. The pictures of the babies really don't do them justice, part of what makes them so ugly is all of the wriggling and writhing. Ben says that no babies are born cute, and I really took offense to that, although (DB, I LOVE you) now that I look back, he really was an undercooked little birdie himself. Maybe there is hope for these babies yet.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

WOW! That's really cool!! Parents always think their babies are the cutest. I guess that pertains to birds too!

Is there still two eggs that haven't hatched? I can't tell from the picture...

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip