count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Day of School

Oh, how I remember being so excited about going back to school. I think it is different for boys and girls. I remember going through all my school supplies and clothes the night before and getting everything packed and ready to go. I had all my outfits for the first week planned and organized, all my school supplies caressed and loved before being put into my backpack. There wasn't a whole lot of that going on tonight.

In all fairness, DB has to wear uniforms to school. I didn't even get him new stuff because school only ended 2 months ago so they still fit, and who knows when we are moving and what are the chances that he will need the same uniforms there? Also, what fun is planning khaki/blue pants with white/black shirts. Not a lot of options there....you can only mix and match so much. He did ask yesterday if he could wear his new shoes that have red flames on the side. We had to spice up that uniform somehow!

I did convice him to get out his backpack and school stuff and look through it. He DID have fun shopping for all the stuff, and picking out what colors he wanted, so I should give him more credit.

A couple of weeks ago in each of his prayers he kept telling Heavenly Father that he did not want to go back to school. I finally convinced him to try asking for help in being excited to go to school, and I think it has helped a bit. Tonight's prayer was amazing. It was a heartfelt prayer from a kid who truly wants to do the right things and be a good boy. My little boy is ready for 2nd grade. We sure are going to miss him, though.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

So you are going to try the public school system again. Let's hope this year turns out much better. Were praying for Dallin as well.

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

Oh sweet Dallin! That's tough but really, who actually "WANTS" to go back to school after having a fun summer? It's tough to let your kiddies be gone all day! :)But wait, I actually am looking forward to it when there has be relentless teasing and fighting at my house for the past 3 weeks! Good gracious! We miss you guys! I just have this feeling that Florida is not far away.!

Rachel said...

He is such a sweet boy! Every year is different with a new teacher and class mates. Good luck DB!

But I am with Emily...we have 3 weeks left until we are back in the saddle, and it can't come fast enough. I also am tired of the constant fights and teasing. I will only have 2 kids around. And with Garrett in full time, even better! No back and forth with kindergarten.

Miss you guys!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip