He got his glasses on February 26th. The eye doc said that he isn't technically near-sighted yet, but he can see that after looking at something for a while, the muscles in his eyes start to tighten up and cause problems.....hopefully the problems he has been having at school! He has been a serious daydreamer lately. Anyway, the doc wants him to wear them straight until the end of school, and then we can take a break for the summer and use them just for reading and movie/xbox time. Then we will recheck after 2nd grade starts. I have been telling him that all the super heroes wear glasses to protect their identity, and he can do the same. He was super anxious to wear them to school the first day, and even prayed that his friends and students in his class wouldn't make fun of him. Too cute. I think he looks awesome in them and I told him that right now, my opinion is the only one that matters!
Also, today he FINALLY decided to ride his bike without training wheels. The kid has been terrified that he would fall and hurt himself (he watched his friend in St. George learn how to ride his bike which included some falls....) I consider it a personal accomplishment of my own that I got him to do it today. He won't ever understand this until he has children of his own, but each time I let go of that bike seat, my heart jumped a little and I worried about him falling too. Sometimes we just have to take that risk if we are going to accomplish something amazing. I am ridiculously proud of my DB.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
Yay for DB! That is GREAT! And he does look great in those glasses.
How awesome that he is riding his bike! I don't blame him for not wanting to hurt himself! I know what you mean about having a bit of a hard time letting go. Great job, Amanda!
Post a Comment