Oh boy did this school year go out with a bang! Or did the summer come in with a bang? Either way, we celebrated in style this last week. Grandma and Grandpa Shoff came to visit us this week! They technically came to visit our new niece Naomi, but they were kind enough to squeeze us in! (wink, wink!) Dallin ditched school on Monday and Wednesday, but we did manage to get him to school on Tuesday for his 2nd grade end of year party! Am I just the best mom EVER?? He ditched to go to WDW with Gramma and Grampa, so it was totally worth it. We made it to Hollywood Studios to go on the new Star Wars ride and DB and JT BOTH went on Grampa's favorite ride, Tower of Terror! DB went twice (bribed by Grampa with a dollar for each time!) and once was enough for JT--"That was TOO scary! It made me TOO BUSY!" Translated that means it made him "dizzy." Tuesday evening Grampa and I took DB to Magic Kingdom for the standard rides. Wednesday we went to EPCOT. I went on my favorite ride! There is a ride that simulates you going on a space shuttle launch. It almost made me sick, it was so awesome. I haven't felt a thrill like that on a ride for a long time! Totally wicked. Gramma and Grampa also got the kiddos their first Mickey Mouse ice cream bar. They have wanted one of those for so long, but cheap ole mommy just gives them frozen gogurts from home! They were in heaven!
Gramma got in some good girlie bonding time with SM too! They painted toes and fingers, played with dolls, watch Cinderella while I took the boys swimming--I think they were both in heaven! Gramma got SM her first little skirt and I have had a hard time getting it off of her since she put it on (on WEDNESDAY!!) Gramma was so proud of what a little princess our baby girl is!
We had such a great time this week and just made us even more excited to come out to Utah in 17 days for even MORE family time! Meanwhile, we are on 2 a day swimming sessions (morning and after dinner--or DURING dinnertime if I don't feel like cooking--to fill some time and get us out of the house. I am SO glad SUMMER IS HERE!!!


3 comments:
I'm sooo jealous! I want to come and spend time with you and your little guys and gal! It is simply not fair that we live so far from eachother :(.. 17 days HUH?. I will be counting down, so let's see.....that translates to the 28th or 29th! Woop Woop!
I am really looking forward to the 30th myself. Bring on the summer fun!
YIPEEEE! We're pumped to see you! Summer is the best and we're excited to welcome you to Utah!
Post a Comment