We have been trying to make the clock move a bit faster this week, that is for sure!! It is like we are counting down to Christmas, even JT asks when "airplane day" is. He makes me show him which finger is airplane day every morning. DB has been having to do homework every day (maybe even more than when he was in school) and he is under the impression that homework is going out the window in Utah. Okay, well, it probaby will a lot, but not ALL the time. We are so excited to come!
IT has been stinkin' hot this week. Yesterday was only 90-ish degrees and it felt so amazing!! It was super humid because of the storm, but oh it was so nice. We hide inside a lot and I am thinking of insisting on NO DAYTIME MOVIES in Utah. It seems like that is all we do during the day anymore. Movies and swimming over and over again. Boring.
I also can't wait for the smell of the canyon and to hear the rush of the river. There is plenty of water here, but it is all either coming from the sky or sitting in a little pond. We did see a baby alligator on our walk yesterday after the rain which was pretty cute...I got within 20 feet of it to try to take a lame picture with my cell phone, but the thing turned into a chicken and ducked under the water. Anyway, the pine trees and rushing water......yum.
DB has been calling both of his grandmas pretty much every day to make sure they know he is coming soon. I am not completely sure of their conversations because he takes my phone and heads up to his bedroom each time, but he always comes back and lets me know that Grandma Shoff has a dog and a cat, and Grandma Kidd won't be there until Thursday. I think they might just have the same conversations over and over agian! Thank heaven for patient grandmas!
I am so excited to see all our family! WE are so lucky to come "from good stock" and have such marvelous family! DB can't wait to see his cousins, I can't wait to see MY cousins, and to meet my nephew and sister in law for the first time!
Not to mention how great it is going to be to hang out with my parents and siblings. I have the best 4 parents, 1 grandma, I can't even count how many brothers and sisters anymore, and I hope to be able to spend time with all of you!
Now if I can just make it through Wednesday......wish me luck!!!
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













6 comments:
Good luck on your trip. For your first assignment when you get here, you get to babysit one more child. Doesn't that sound nice! Just dont smother him with all your kisses. ;)
I can't wait either. Unfortunately for Dallin, I won't be home this week for his phone calls. I'll try to make it up to him on Thursday. Have a safe and peaceful trip. Love you!
aargh.....I'm official homesick!
I'm so excited to see you and the kiddos. See you soon. Love you.
The count down begins....Woohoo! We can't wait to squeeze you! We will just have to have a good ol' fashion "Shoff barbeque" when you guys are out here! :) LOVES~
Can't wait to hear about your vaycay! Missing your posts. :)
Post a Comment