count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lonoke Arkansas

Thank heavens Ben is a driving rock star. We drove 900 miles yesterday. We made it to Lonoke, Arkansas at 1:30 in the morning, and the hotel receptionist even felt sorry for us weary travelers and gave us a discount. We stayed at a nicer hotel to reward the boys with a swimming adventure this morning. When DB and I were at the breakfast bar this morning, he said, "Mom, this is a nice place. I think we should stay here forever." He wasn't even swayed by the fact that his light sabers or pirate ship aren't here. I think he just really didn't want to get back in the car. We had a good time this morning hanging out and relaxing a bit before getting back on the road, and I think all of our nerves have benefited. Only 2 1/2 hrs or so until Jackson! To us, that should be chump change. Arkansas is looking much more interesting this morning than any other state we have been in so far. We have seen several ponds, swamps, and lots of trees. We still have yet to reach the mountains on the horizon, though!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Amanda! I can NOT believe you have already moved! Well, like I said- You are only 6 hours away so lets definitely make some plans!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip