count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 12th......a beginning and, well, an ending

Dallin started Kindergarten on August 12! All day long I couldn't help but thinking that this was the first day of the rest of his life. The beginning to a long and hopefully wonderful education. He was just so bright eyed and full of energy. I went with him to school the first day to get acquainted with the teacher and classroom, and then he couldn't wait to get to the bus stop on the 13th, and was just bounding the whole way there. I am so happy to report that he did remember to turn around and give me a hug before he got on the bus. What a good kid. He had a great day at school (from what I gathered) and he wasn't even worried about going back today.

Then the ending part of the 12th. My 30th birthday. ugh. The ending of my childhood. It is over. I have to completely check a different box on questionnaires now. I can't mark the 18-29 box any more. No longer am I bunched in with the 18 year olds. And you know? I do feel older on this birthday. That hasn't ever happened to me before! Usually it is just another day, but man I felt this one! I am not trying to complain, because I really have a wonderful life. I have an awesome little family and a beautiful home, amazing friends, and I really can't complain about anything. Besides finally submitting to adulthood.

5 comments:

Josh and Michele said...

Yea! I can comment on you now! And hey, I'm so understanding the big #30 distress. I've been 30 for a while now, and happy to report that its not SO bad. So, welcome to the club girlfriend!

Shannon said...

So- seriously- call me when your my age! You are adorable and Im glad you had a fun birthday

Our Family News said...

Happy 30th B-day! Your kids are so cute. I can't believe you have a child in school now. WOW!!!

D and H fam said...

You are a doll, Amanda. You always have such a bright smile and lovely laughter. I think you are great and have a splendid outlook on life. You're a great example.

The Isoms said...

HOPE YPU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY...EVEN THOUGH YOU TURNED THIRTY! IT'S NOT THAT OLD!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip