count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I am Grateful November is over!

Sheesh, that was rough posting every day! It was good for me to be grateful though. There were definitely days that I would have griped more than anything, and it was good for me to just ignore that and be grateful. My blogging experience bled out into my life and I really was a happier person this month simply because I was consciously thinking of being grateful. We are happy to be in the midst of December and the Christmas season. As stressful as it can get sometimes, it is fun to see so much excitement and anticipation on my kiddos faces.

We are definitely counting down until the big day, but meanwhile we are staying as busy as we can to keep everyone out of trouble.

I have had to ramp up my training for the race. It is funny, you know. This race has completely overtaken my life. I consider the race in almost everything I do. Everything I eat, how much I sleep, how much exercise outside of running I get, scheduling, everything! I think my teammates and I are all getting a Ragnar Christmas. This race has turned out to be much more expensive than I anticipated and, well, what do you do. Unfortunately I am that type of person that once I commit to something (except for a craft) I usually see it through, dang the consequences. Speaking of consequences, I finally went in and saw a doctor who is 85% sure that my knee pain is just from overuse. Knowing that, I am able to run through the pain and not worry about really hurting something. I ran 6 miles on Thursday and 8 miles yesterday. When I crossed the 8 mile mark yesterday, I even got a little teary-eyed. It truly is an amazing thing to accomplish an 8 mile run. I am going to me a blubbering mess at the end of my 15th mile, I assure you. (Whether that is out of pain or pride will be determined soon) I am pretty dang proud of myself right now. It is the good pride, though right? I have increased my Ibuprofen dose before my runs and that has helped. There are 34 days until the race. Getting closer! I am definitely worried about my leg. "4.2, 8.1, 2.7" is my mantra these days as I run. Scary. Thrilling.

4 comments:

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

Amanda you are awesome! I have loved reading all of your thankful posts! I wish I could train with you. What an accomplishment this will be in your life! Maybe all of us "sisters" could run a race together when everyone is here in the summer! I would love that! Love you guys and keep up the good work! Your inspiring so many people!

Robert and Sandy Kidd said...

Honey, you are just amazing. You have inspired me to keep going and don't give up. If you can run through the pain, I can definitely keep working out and trying to lose more weight. I'm sorry to tell you that you got something from me. If you put your mind to it your not going to stop. But that is probably a good thing also. Don't stop and don't quit. You will be a different person after it is all over. YOU CAN DO IT!

roberta said...

I think that I will just sit here in my comfy chair and read about your incredible accomplishments. Keep up the good work and we will all celebrate with you in January. You are setting such a great example for all of us and what we should be doing. Love you, Grandma

Jessica Kidd said...

You are doing so good Amanda! I'm really impressed! Maybe one of these days I can get motivated to do something like this! I hope you have a great Christmas! I will miss you and your family! Just like I always do! Keep up the hard work! I love you sista!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip