Dear DB,
It really wasn't that long ago when we were in LDS Hospital, you and I. We spent a lot of time together in those first 3 months of your life. You were struggling to grow and live, and I just sat there and watched you breathe. I remember praying that you were an imperfect little person, which would mean that you wouldn't be leaving us very soon, that you had a life to live to learn to be perfect. I even promised myself that if you WERE an imperfect person, I would do my best not to get mad or frustrated, but rejoice that you would be HERE still.
We have learned a lot together in these last 8 years. You are the one that is teaching me and Dad how to be parents. You are absolutely amazing. You are the best big brother ever. You are kind, patient, funny and thoughtful. You are also very tall. You have grown 2 inches since your last birthday, which now puts you at 4 feet 5 inches. That's a long way from your starting point of 14 inches!! Oh, and you wear size 5 shoes. You are good at swimming and reading. You love Legos, Star Wars, music and even though you won't admit it, you love your little brother.
You definitely don't give yourself enough credit for how smart you are. You may have to work a bit harder at things than other kids, but if you are persistent and never give up, you will always succeed. Don't be afraid to try new things and meet new people. And try not to get too frustrated with yourself. Yes, you are imperfect. Yes, you will not get everything right the first time. Thank heavens. That means that you are just like your Mom and Dad, and we can all be a perfectly imperfect family together.
We love you, my son. You are all that we could ask for in a son. I am so proud of you. Sometimes I look at you and have to just grit my teeth because I almost can't stand to think about how much I love you. You are by big boy and will always be.
Love always,
Mom
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLIN! Tell your mom to check her email, I sent you a note because I couldn't call you as it appears your phone was not working....I was so bummed I couldn't talk to you! HOWEVER, I am so glad that you are here! I remember the day you were born and how scared I was for you and your mommmy. What a trial you had to start off with, but I think you can handle any trial that comes your way now because of that experience! You are a FIGHTER!!
We love you!
Aunt Angie and Uncle Tyson
Happy 8th birthday Dallin! We can't believe you are already 8 years old! It just has gone by toooooo fast! Love you buddy, so much! And we miss those beautiful blue eyes and darling smile of yours! Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday!!! Loves~From- Uncle Jake, Auntie Em, Zach and Brady
I'm so excited to be able to see you this month and be there for a very special occasion, Dallin's baptism. I remember when you brought Dallin hom from the hospital and came to my house and have Christmas Eve dinner and you put Dallin under the Christmas tree with all the presents. Yes, Dallin and his oxygen were a great Christmas present. Love You.
Post a Comment