count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wheelin' and Dealin'

We sold our '96 Toyota Avalon this morning. That sure was a good little car for us, and after talking to the new owners I know it will be put to good use. Now we have an SUV that has room for 8 people and I don't know what to do with all that space!! It has been fun to drive it around, too. I have never had such a big car!

And finally, our house is for sale. Seriously.

Ben has an opportunity to transfer to Orlando, FL. After weighing our options (Jackson, Orlando, Jackson, Orlando.....) it seems that Orlando has won out. Now if we can just sell our house. I think we have one of the best deals out there, now we just have to find someone who agrees with that assessment. It's a rough market these days so nobody really knows if it will sell.

If it doesn't, then we stay here and be perfectly happy. We really are truly happy here--we like our house, we like our area, we love our ward family. But Orlando has Disney World. Jackson has.....the Casey Jones Train Museum (which we've already been to!) Orlando is an hour away from the BEACH, Jackson is an hour away from.....Memphis (which actually is pretty great, but....the BEACH???) Also, we have a pretty strong feeling that if we lived in Orlando we would see a lot more of you a lot more frequently (Vacation, anyone???)

Anyway, we will see what happens, either way is great with us. It is just up to Heavenly Father to bring us a buyer at this point. If we don't go, I am at least getting some serious de-junking done, not to mention some good cleaning too!

6 comments:

Jarom said...

Wow! That's a big deal! So is this another promotion opportunity for Ben? Or more like a side step? Either way, Orlando sounds great! My sis lives in Gainsville and loves Florida.

Best of luck! Let us know what happens!

Heather said...

You must be living right, to have 2 great choices and not care which one you get is rare...someone is watching over you. Good luck!

Turok said...

thats crazy!! good for yall, though. We LOVE Florida...we are looking at relocating there after Mike is finished up with school. GOOD LUCK with everything!! If yall do go..you will surely be missed.

mountainsandmiles said...

Yay for Florida! Greg's BFF lives down there and actually works for Walt Disney World in their IT department. We are actually going down in Oct. Maybe if the stars align you will be there and we can meet up. :)Good Luck with everything!

calmrapids said...

Good luck with your maybe move. Erin's (my oldest) in Orlando right now working at Disney for the summer--she LOVES it! Good luck!

The Steele Family said...

Holy Cow...I guess I've kinda been out of the loop with my busy life! I feel like I have been in my own world for the last 7 months! That would be fun...I would totally visit Orlando LOL. You're little kiddlets have gotten so big! How fun...we miss you guys!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip