count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's the most wonderful time.....

Thanksgiving was great, and now we can officially kick off the Christmas season! I just purchased my first Christmas presents online (free shipping, thank you very much!) and am definitely feeling the anticipation of the season already! I am a cheap skate for the entire year, but when December rolls around, I find that I really have to reign myself in and chill out. I love buying presents! I HATE buying stuff for myself, but presents for my family is a different story! There definitely is the stress of figuring out what to get the parents, as they just go get what they want/need whenever they want, but I manage to survive each year. I am finding that my big weakness is my kiddos, as is everyone's, I suppose. My mom has told me that she had the same problem with her family. My dad would have to be the one to hold her back, she just loved to get us a big Christmas. We also are having a down home Tennessee Christmas this year, so I am finding that I am planning the day already with what toys everyone will be getting.

This definitely is the most wonderful time of the year when we can focus on others and the thrill of gift giving. Especially if we remind ourselves every now and then exactly WHY we are giving gifts, it makes it even more special. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

What cute little kids you have! Missed you guys this Thanksgiving! Maybe we can do a Disneyland Thanksgiving again next year!!!!

Rachel said...

Awwww! The kidlets look so adorable!! I love Christmas time also.

Miss you guys...

calmrapids said...

YES! I love shopping for the kiddos too! It's hard to stop sometimes! Just when you think everyone's getting an even number of everything, something throws it off and you have to get everyone something more. Fun and frustrating!

Cute picture with the red stripeys!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip