count-up to 1000 miles

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

The education of a phantom

Man, what a night! The Halloween Phantom stopped by our house the other night and the note said we had 2 days to spread the Halloween Cheer to two other families within 2 nights or a horrible curse would come upon us. Wanting to avoid the curse, we set out to deliver our "cheer" to others. We found out that things work differently in Tennessee once again.

First, Ben and I got in a fight about how much cheer to spread and how anonymously to do it. I am sure that the fight was spurred on by A LOT of pregnancy induced hormones. Anyway, we finally agreed to even go, and went to our first victim. We passed the house ever so inconspicuously to case the joint and drove up the street to turn around so as to be in a position to make a quick getaway, and by the time we pulled up to the house, we were being greeted by a very aware man prepared to protect his family.....with a loaded pistol! Ben couldn't believe that this man somehow knew that we were headed to his house and was so quickly prepared to protect his loved ones. Once he saw who it was, he admitted his preparations and even showed Ben! Don't mess with a Tennessean and his family after 7:30pm. Lesson learned.

Second, if you ever want to rob a bank or be inconspicuous in ANY way.....don't let Ben drive. The second house we went to, Ben pulled into their driveway with the lights on to prepare to turn around. By the time we made it back out of their long, steep driveway, the man of the house was standing on his front porch, making sure his family was okay. I am seriously re-thinking my upcoming bank heist and the accomplises I hire. Lesson learned.

Third, sometimes even breathing can bother a overly emotional/irratable pregnant woman. Ben even got to the point that he had to ask me if it was okay for him to even exist! I had to seriously consider the question, and don't worry, I authorized him to exist for at least a little longer. Lesson learned for Ben.

This Halloween Phantom has learned a lot tonight, and is glad that her phantom days are over for now.

12 comments:

roberta said...

It makes me wonder how do you surprise the Tennessians. Around here we just run and hide. How did you get surprised? This sounds like a lot of fun. Keep us informed. Love You.

Robert and Sandy Kidd said...

This post is so funny! Either your mind is totally out of control or the Tennessians are totally out of their minds. I just love it!

Joshua said...

It's the curse! It really has no effect on normal people, only husbands of pregnant women. That curse appears strong and in force Give Ben a hug for me and tell him I love him. I love you man! Hang in there. You still exist; so there is something to look forward to...you know...existing or something like that.

Matt and Anna Hone said...

Oh my goodness I was laughing so hard I had tears!!! What a great post!

Jarom said...

Amanda, you are hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh!

calmrapids said...

Very funny! I blogged about "Boo-ing" neighbors here last year. The pressures! of being good neighbors! and boo-ing by the rules! Aahhh! At least no one came out with the shotguns to chase us off the porch!

Heather said...

THAT WAS SO FEAKIN' FUNNY! I'm sure Jason wants to ask me the same question.

Kurtis and Iva said...

Love it!

Josh and Michele said...

Good story...and only one week left. I am so proud to say I know ya!

Erin said...

Wow... that kind of takes the fun out of it! Scary. Are you really almost FULL-TERM? I bet after D. you didn't think that would ever happen! How are you doing?

Tyson and Angela said...

Thanks for the laugh sis!! That is so hilarious! It is nice to know that you are surrounded by people who will do ANYTHING to protect their families...which makes me wonder why they are all so aggressive...has something happened in the past that makes them this way??

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

You are so funny. You will be back to your self soon with no "phantom" appearances popping in and out! I can't wait for this baby to come and visit her auntie EM!

Utah Summer Vacation 2009

Spring Break 2009

Our trip